Technical Support / Systems Administrator
EARTHmatrix is growing and seeking to fill a part-time position for Help Desk Technician & Systems Administrator. Duties will include providing technical support to clients, research and troubleshoot complex systems and technical configurations, as well as after hours on-call responsibilities. Candidate must have strong problem solving skills, be self-motivated and have ability to work independently. Good customer service skills required.
MUST have strong work ethic, desire and follow-through to troubleshoot and resolve issues from beginning to end. Candidates must have their own reliable transportation and live within 50 miles of Ann Arbor, MI. United States citizenship required.
Basic duties will include:
- Provide remote & on-site support
- Perform system administration tasks
- Perform software installations, system builds, deployments
- Respond to support calls, emails and monitoring alerts
- Maintain documentation of internal and client systems
- Answer after hours support calls and emails (rotating shifts)
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 and Windows XP/7/8
- Active Directory, Windows DNS & DHCP
- Ability to analyze system log files, find problems and resolve
- Familiarity with Linux, preferably RedHat or CentOS based builds
- Shell scripting
- Cisco networking experience
- Familiar with Apache, MySQL, PostFix/Sendmail, BIND
- Familiarity with Acronis Backup Advanced
- Familiarity with Symantec Backup Exec
- Experience with MS Exchange server, SQL Server, IIS
- Management of SAN/NAS, Fiber & iSCSI based storage
- Thin Clients and Terminal Servers
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your hourly and yearly salary requirements.
EARTHmatrix is an equal opportunity employer.